[Yum] Patches to backport yum2

Rick Thomas rbthomas55 at pobox.com
Tue Dec 23 17:48:12 UTC 2003

Wow!  I'm impressed.

I can think of two sets of folks who will be very interested in this.

1) The Yellow Dog Linux folks.  They are still distributing yum v1
with their current YDL 3.0.1 release.  I'm not sure why they chose
to do this, but I'd guess that this would make a perfect replacement.

2) The Fedora Legacy folks who have been talking about requiring
everybody to update their RPM version so that they can use yum for
installing patches.  This may make the rpm upgrade unnecessary,
since it works with the older versions of rpm.

Happy Solstice!

Rick