[Yum] Install .src.rpm packages with yum

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Dec 12 07:01:38 UTC 2003

> I too would find it incredibly useful, especially with cAos being yum
> based ,,,,,
>
> Would it be a hard thing to do ???
>
> presumably add a source repo to the config file and then just install.
> It would be nice if you could parameterize the tree that you want to
> install the srpm into.

the problem is this:
I can download a single srpm, sure.
but I can't reasonably and positively get all of its dependencies b/c
we're not able to do specfile parsing. at least not simply.

so, yah, it's not too hard. if you'd like to do it, you could, and
probably should, do it outside of the main yum script.

look at yum-arch -s
the outputs of that and then look at how to parse the requires and
provides for an srpm