[Yum] Re: Yum Digest, Vol 5, Issue 13

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Dec 11 17:28:46 UTC 2003

Hi Harish, to define your groups you'll need to create a yumgroups.xml
file and put it on your yum repository.  It'll look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE comps PUBLIC "-//Red Hat, Inc.//DTD Comps info//EN"
"comps.dtd">
<comps>
  <group>
   <id>cs-common</id>
   <uservisible>true</uservisible>
   <name>CS Common</name>
   <packagelist>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">cfengine</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">ngtools</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">spamassassin</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">subversion</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">yum</packagereq>
   </packagelist>
  </group>
</comps>

I wrote a perl script to help create this for you, which can be found
here: http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sheltren/download.php?id=7  Seth wrote a
python program with much the same functionality which is located
somehwere on the yum site (I lost the link).

#2 I'm not sure how to do...

I don't think you can exclude stuff on the command line, but I'm not
sure what you are doing where a 'normal user' is installing RPMs on the
system - how is that setup?

-Jeff