[Yum] Install .src.rpm packages with yum

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Tue Dec 9 13:10:34 UTC 2003

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 03:29, Josep M. Gassó wrote:
> > Hello All.
> >
> > I would like ask if is possible install .src.rpm
> > packages with Yum, I tried but was not successful,my
> > things are for build packages automatically,install
> > the .src.rpm and all packages required for build the
> > package and after build this with rpmbuild.
> >

> No, yum cannot do this at this time.

I too would find it incredibly useful, especially with cAos being yum
based ,,,,,

Would it be a hard thing to do ???

presumably add a source repo to the config file and then just install.
It would be nice if you could parameterize the tree that you want to
install the srpm into.

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net - The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.