[Yum] Installing packages from CDROM with Yum

ipetts ipetts at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 9 03:08:23 UTC 2003

I'm running Fedora Core 1 andd would like to try Yum out and see how it compares
to apt/rpm. One thing that I haven't been able to find mention of anywhere, is
if I can use my Fedora CD Set as a Yum source.

I am on a _slow_ non-permanent dial-up connection and would like to be able to
install packages from the CDROMs if there are no newer packages on the Yum
repository.

Is it a matter of copying the CDs to a directory on my box and setting it up as
a Yum repository, or is there an easier way? A pointer to the relevant docs
would be appreciated if I've missed something.

Thanks,
Ian.