[Yum] Key problem with Yum

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Wed Dec 3 18:45:50 UTC 2003

I keep getting the following error when running "yum -y update" on a
Redhat 9 laptop:

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 8df56d05
Error: Could not find the GPG Key necessary to validate pkg /var/cache/yum/fedora-stable/packages/nmap-3.30-0.fdr.1.rh90.i386.rpm
Error: You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
 /var/cache/yum/fedora-stable/packages/nmap-3.30-0.fdr.1.rh90.i386.rpm
Error: You may also check that you have the correct GPG keys installed

I trie4d removing the file named and the problem happened on another
package. I then ran "yum clean" and the problem happened again.

How do I address this issue?

As an aside, I also installed apt-get to see if that worked and it also
failed on the keys.

Ben Ricker
Wellinx, inc.