[Yum] Is there a howto, on how to install a system fresh withyum?

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Fri Aug 22 13:35:49 UTC 2003

Owen Stampflee wrote:
>(why are there no redhat liveCD guys!?!)

I had been asking the same question (as I tweeked with Morphix) so I looked at
Distrowatch in thier live-cd section.  It looks like there are a couple, but
you're usage may vary.

Adios - http://dc.qut.edu.au/adios/
   Previous version was based on RedHat 8, working on one for 9
   Tried it, but ... password set to strange setting, just barely found it.

Cool Linux CD - http://sourceforge.net/projects/emergencycd2/
   Haven't tried it.  last release was December 2002

RPM Live Linux CD -
http://nwst.de/livelinuxcd/lilinux.phtml?include=htm/en_welcome.htm
   Haven't tried it.  Looking at the page it looks promising.

I think the reason that so many of the live-cd's are debian based is because
of Knoppix (which is debian based) Knoppix has such a good 'find hardware and
set it up' interface, that everyone is using it.
I would say more, but it's really not relavant to this list.
Troy Dawson