[Yum] yum update hanging...

Paul Nesbit paul_nesbit at mitel.com
Wed Aug 20 17:44:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:49:42AM -0400, Theresa Chen <therchen at cs.fsu.edu> wrote:
> Recently installed 2.0.1 on a dual 400Mhz processor, with scsi
> harddrives.  Whenever I do a 'yum update', it hangs at the
> "Resolving dependencies..." part (last time it was 40 min and it
> didn't even start downloading the packages).  Anyone else with a
> similar problem?

Up the error and debugging levels, and report the output here.  i.e.

  $ yum -e 5 -d 5 update

Is there anything in /var/log/yum?

Does listing the updates succeed without error?  i.e.

  $ yum list updates

BTW, I haven't posted to this list before, and I'm not a YUM expert.
I subsribed recently because a 'yum list updates' fails.  I will be
reporting that when I am next beside the affected workstation.

Cheers,

  Paul

Paul Nesbit                        paul_nesbit at mitel.com
Mitel Networks Corporation         http://www.mitel.com