[Yum] Re: yum mirroring

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at iki.fi
Tue Aug 19 10:53:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 15:41, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> I finally got to where I could do a little testing, and think you'll be
> perfectly happy if you just change -vv to -v.  If it still shows files
> being "transferred" but no data at the same time, try eliminating the
> "--partial" argument and see what happens.  Either it suddenly will
> start taking hours for the transfer (retransferring them entirely) or it
> will shut up and soldier.  The behavior you're seeing is exactly as if a

Here's what I did: I removed the --partial switch from my RH62 updates
transfer. I haven't been using the -z switch with ftp.funet.fi at all,
so it can't be the problem. Here's the result:

http://www.iki.fi/peter.peltonen/linux/tue2.txt

if you compare it to

http://www.iki.fi/peter.peltonen/linux/tue2.txt

you can see that nothing changed :(

And it seems to be always the same files that are "uptodate" and that
are not...

For reference, here is the RH62 script I used:

--<snip>--
#!/bin/bash

MIRRORDIR=/scratch/mirror
VERBOSE=1

MIRROR=ftp.funet.fi

REMOTE="$MIRROR::ftp/pub/mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/6.2/en/os/"
LOCAL="$MIRRORDIR/redhat/linux/updates/6.2/en/os/"

if [ ! -z $VERBOSE ]; then
        VRB="-vv --stats"
fi

echo "Fetching RH62 updates at `date`."
rsync $VRB -a --exclude "SRPMS" --exclude "alpha" --exclude "sparc*" \
--delete $REMOTE $LOCAL
echo "Fetched RH62 updates at `date`."
echo " "
--</snip>--