[Yum] Is there a Yum Wiki?

Michael Stenner mstenner at phy.duke.edu
Fri Aug 15 13:49:40 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:42:18AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 09:30, Angel Gabriel wrote:
> > There has been a bit of talk about having a site for yum which has
> > things like man pages, guides etc etc. I was wondering if there is a Yum
> > wiki? At least that way everyone who can contribute, will be able to do
> > so, and it could be used as a point of refrence. Forgive me if this has
> > already been covered, of if it already exists.
>
> I'm not quite sure what the point of a wiki would be in this context.
> The mailing list and archives serves for preserving ideas much better, I
> think, than a wiki would.

I think the strength of a wiki is in organizing the information.  The
mailing list archives aren't so convenient to browse.  I've found them
quite useful for organizing user-based FAQs and howto-like things.

					-Michael

P.S. But, no, I am not volunteering.
--
  Michael Stenner                       Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics       mstenner at phy.duke.edu
  Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305