[Yum] Installing/keeping a specific RPM

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 14 21:08:02 UTC 2003

Folks,

I know this has been touched on and rubbed up and down some but I can't
figure out for the life of me what decided or if this was just full of
crack.  Specifically, I'm looking at the option of being able to keep
and make the kernel and openafs package be a certain version.  If your
machine gets installed and has a kernel/openafs packages that are to
high, you install the lower packages.  If its time for an upgrade you
don't upgrade past the specific version.  (The latter handled by
pkgpolicy).

Is this functionaluty a part of the declairitive package stuff that has
been discussed before?

Question 2)  If you use "command" in your config file, it looks like
from the man page that when you call "yum update" those do not get run
as you have specified a command on the CLI.  Is this correct?  Do I need
to just call "yum" in the cron script for these commands to be run?

Jack
--
Jack Neely <slack at quackmaster.net>
Linux Realm Kit Administration and Development