[Yum] A little more on enterprise strength yum.

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Aug 12 06:27:03 UTC 2003

> Hmm, I suppose you could have a standard group that you then
> automatically do a groupupdate on every night/bootup. Would new packages
> in the group  be installed and packages removed from the group uninstalled?

well new packages would be installed - I'm not sure how you could have
removed packaged uninstalled unless you kept two copies of the group.

Another option, one I'd need to implement is groupremove.

Then you could remove a package from group1 that you run groupupdate on
while adding a package to group2 that you run groupremove on.

hmm That is plainly useful. I think I'll do that.

> Don't get me wrong, I like yum :-) I ditched apt-rpm for it and use it
> at home. I want to use it at work too though but can't without
> addressing some of these issues.

working on it - all the major changes will need to happen in 2.1+
though, hence why I opened up that tree.