[Yum] Kernel Updates

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Aug 11 18:18:35 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 14:02, Greg Kurtzer wrote:
> Forgive me if I just missed this (although I don't see it in man 5 yum.conf),
> but is there a config parameter that can be set which will disable changing
> the default kernel to what was just installed?
>
> For systems with 3rd party kernel modules for hardware devices (ie. SCSI),
> this can be a fatal issue when 'chkconfig yum on'.

There is not currently an option to disable it - you could just run a
grubby script after yum that always set the kernel to a specific one.

Looking over the scripts disabling adding it as the default for grub is,
of course, trivial, for lilo it's a bit harder.

If you put it in an rfe in bugzilla I'll be glad to put that one in.