[Yum] Re: ATrpms yum problem

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Aug 6 02:17:44 UTC 2003

> I am packaging tetex 2.0 since its early beta stages. tetex-afm and
> tetex-latex are virtual packages provided with version 2.0.2 by
> tetex-texmf. Why did yum pick up the references to the older 'proper'
> packages?
> (What does 'identical dependency loop exceeded' mean?)

The error means that yum tried up to three times in a row computing what
can resolve those dependencies w/o any success so instead of looping
forever it gave up.

Does your new tetex-texmf obsolete tetex-afm and tetex-latex?

it's probably not picking up anything - but if tetex-texmf doesn't
obsolete away the other two packages then yum is still trying to resolve
deps for tetex-afm and tetex-latex which are still there.