[Yum] Re: ATrpms yum problem

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 5 23:02:11 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 06:07:57PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 18:04, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> > I get the following error with yum when trying to use the ATrpms repos
> > at http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/
> >
> > Resolving dependencies
> > .....identical dependency loop exceeded
> > package tetex-afm needs tetex = 1.0.7 (not provided)
> > package tetex-latex needs tetex = 1.0.7 (not provided)
> >
> > ATrpms maintainer suggested that this would be an issue with yum as he
> > has encountered no problems with apt?

Well, I also do not encounter a problem with yum (2.x). And I have the
same repos in yum.conf. I wonder what the difference is (probably the
current installed set of rpms, do you have any tetex installed?
E.g. what does rpm -qa tetex* return?).

> What command did you run? What is currently installed on your system?
> and does AT have new tetex rpms?
>
> I'm trying to figure out the relation b/t ATrpms and tetex.

I am packaging tetex 2.0 since its early beta stages. tetex-afm and
tetex-latex are virtual packages provided with version 2.0.2 by
tetex-texmf. Why did yum pick up the references to the older 'proper'
packages?
(What does 'identical dependency loop exceeded' mean?)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de