[Yum] Repository Prioritization

Aleksander Demko Aleksander.Demko at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tue Aug 5 15:47:22 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 09:09, Michael Stenner wrote:
>    gpgcheckbonus = 10      # added if gpgcheck is on

Just 10? So, a non-gpgcheck repository can override rpms that I receive
from a gpgcheck repository? I realize this is probably what happens now,
but wouldn't it be more secure/understandable to only use the gpgcheck
repo when they're provided for certain rpms? Of course, this dooes not
help the case where people provide signed rpms, but using a different
key than say Red Hat. Ugh.

Or am I the only one that doesn't replace rpms that came with redhat
with say ximian stuff, etc? :)

--
// Aleksander.Demko at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca ademko at nrc.ca scopira.org //