[Yum] more thoughts on yum.conf and packages/repositories

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at naeblis.cx
Sat Aug 2 07:02:41 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 02:37, seth vidal wrote:
> what about something like this for the yum.conf file

Yes, that rocks. Actually that would be quite a bit more
functionality than I need right now. I could get by with
just the score and exclude attributes.

> this doesn't address drawing a package only from one repository yet.

Why not?

[repo1]
name=foo
score=20

[repo2]
name=bar
score=30
exclude=foobar

Both repo1 and repo2 have package foobar. repo2 has priority but
excludes it so it should come from repo1, right?

Are you looking for something like:

[repo1]
name=foo
score=20