[Yum] Traceback in latest 1.0 dailey

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Tue Apr 29 13:18:53 UTC 2003

Howdy,
in the yum-20030428 1.0 daily we've gotten some tracebacks when doing kernel
stuff.
We originally got a traceback on a 7.1.1 machine with rpm 4.0.4, when we were
updating the kernel.  We were in a bit of a hurry, so we just switched back to
the last daily before that, and everything worked fine.
This time we got the traceback on a 7.3.1 machine (also rpm 4.0.4) when we
were trying to remove glibc-kernheaders.  Since I wasn't in a rush, I got some
debugging stuff for you.
Since they are a little big, I have them in my web page area.

yum -d 4 remove glibc-kernheaders
http://home.fnal.gov/~dawson/yum/yum.errors.d4

yum -d 6 remove glibc-kernheaders
http://home.fnal.gov/~dawson/yum/yum.errors.d6

But here is the basic traceback

# yum remove glibc-kernheaders
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Fermi Linux 731 main
Getting headers from: Fermi Linux 731 updates
Getting headers from: yum update
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/sbin/yum", line 44, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "yummain.py", line 201, in main
   File "nevral.py", line 357, in resolvedeps
NameError: arch
#

If you need any other debug info or help with this let me know
Troy