[Yum] help with commandline option naming

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Mon Apr 28 14:19:53 UTC 2003

Hi Seth,
Connie was out sick, and I had e-mail trouble, sorry for the delay.
To me this looks very nice.  It is a little different than we expected, we
sortof just expect the rpm's to be listed, but I like the way you list the
groups, then rpm's.

It does get a little messy when you have groups with 'mandatory groups'
'default groups' and 'optional metagkgs', and then Mandatory Packages' and
Default packages'
While I, as a group maintainer like that, I think your average sys-admin is
just wondering what groups and packages are going to be installed if they
install that group.

Here's an example of a messy group
---------------------
Group: OSS
  Required Groups:
    Openafs Client
    Dialup Networking Support
    X Window System
    Sound and Video
    KDE
    Fermi Kerberos
    Editors
    Administration Tools
    Openssh Server
    Printing Support
    Graphics
    Text-based Internet
    Graphical Internet
    Fermi Desktop Large Onsite
  Default Metapkgs:
    Development Tools
    Office/Productivity
  Optional Metapkgs:
    Openssh Server
    Kernel Development
    GNOME Desktop Environment
  Mandatory Packages:
    zz_force_workgroups_cdrom
    upsupdbootstrap
    OSS-tag
    upsupdbootstrap-generic
    zz_a2ps_stdout
    zz_tex_tweaks

Is there any way we could just say 'groups' and 'packages', I think that would
make things more clear, but that is just my opinion.
I'll let Connie say what she thinks, she should be in today.
Troy