[Yum] new 1.0 branch daily

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Apr 28 06:07:46 UTC 2003

hi folks,
 I merged in a bunch of new stuff for 1.0 last night and I thought,
well, I could release this as 1.0.1 or I could release a daily and make
sure all the bugs are shaken out before a 1.0.1.

so I've posted a new daily:

Tarball:
http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/daily/1.0/yum-20030428.tar.gz

src.rpm for rhl 7.X:
http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/daily/1.0/yum-1.0-20030428.src.rpm

noarch.rpm for rhl 7.X:
http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/daily/1.0/yum-1.0-20030428.noarch.rpm

I don't have anything for 8.x b/c, well, I don't have a machine to build
it on. If someone would like to send me something rebuilt for 8.x, I'd
be glad to put it up.

Everyone, please give it a good once over and let me know what things
I've broken.

Changes since 1.0:
- $releasever, $basearch, $arch, $YUM0-$YUM9 in config file
- distroverpkg
- commands
- file:// url support
- fixed a bunch of misc reported bugs
- cleaned up so yum will only download archs that your system can use
- fixes and corrections in the depresolution
- includes urlgrabber.py from Michael Stenner - much nicer file fetching
- fhs compliance move from /usr/lib/yum to /usr/share/yum
- updated the docs to reflect the config changes listed above

thanks