[Yum] deploying and maintaining linux networks howto

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Apr 24 00:35:57 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 18:27, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] wrote:
> I've been meaning to do something along these lines for some time now.
> I like the idea; indeed, the general concepts are espoused on
> www.infrastructures.org, but it's nice to see a specific HOWTO
> document, even if it's more specific to a Linux solution.

Rob Brown, who posted here earlier has put together a good article about
scalable system development. I think we've done a good job of
implementing a pretty scalable system based on Red Hat Linux, kickstart,
pxe and yum at duke, particularly in the physics department.

The generalized case is easy though, you must get a point where you
create a certain economy of scale for the systems you're maintaining.

> BTW, is there anyplace one can find a cfengine RPM?

is cfengine still being maintained?