[Yum] deploying and maintaining linux networks howto

Zouhir Hafidi Zouhir.Hafidi at agat.univ-lille1.fr
Wed Apr 23 14:57:55 UTC 2003

>in section 3.1 you have:
>
>Note
>Hope that the yum-arch command will be slightly modified to accept a
>directory in the command line where the headers/ dir and the header.info
>file should be. This will save the mv commands above.
>
>I don't quite understand what you mean here.
>
>Can you explain this a bit more?

# yum-arch <rpms_dir>
will create a directory named "headers" in <rpms_dir> and
the "header.info" file is within the "headers" directory. Right?

the yum command expects a repository like this:
# ls <repository>
base/	updates/
# ls <repository>/base
header.info  headers/  packages/
# ls <repository>/updates
header.info  headers/  packages/

is there a way to have yum-arch behave like this?:
# yum-arch <rpms_dir>
# ls <rpms_dir>
header.info  headers/ ...
which means that by default header.info and headers/ will be
under <rpms_dir> and don't put header.info within headers/
(that's what the yum command expect)

# yum-arch <rpms_dir> <dir_where_to_put_headers_and_header.info>
# ls <dir_where_to_put_headers_and_header.info>
header.info  headers/ ...
header.info and headers/ will be under the directory specified
on the command line

may be there's another way to do so ?

ZH
Zouhir HAFIDI
USTL, U.F.R. de Mathematiques, Bat. M2
F-59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq CEDEX, FRANCE
tel (+33) 3.20.43.45.15	fax (+33) 3.20.43.43.02