[Yum] RPM DB corruption after using Yum

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Apr 21 21:09:59 UTC 2003

> The only bug I see in bugzilla is #88720.
>
> This is the second time I've seen the error.  The first time it was also
> after a yum update of some kind, and I had to do an upgrade install with
> 9 to get it back to operational status.  That's not really an option
> now.  I have a list of all the packages that were lost from the
> database.  Is there a way to get the database regenerated?

Yes - but I think I know how it happened.

first things first
go int /var/log

look for rpmpkgs that will be a list of rpms on your system

you'll need to get those pkgs then get the list of them that AREN'T in
your db already

then run rpm -ivh --justdb --noscripts on each of them.

that should let you install all the stuff back into your rpmdb.

I would also like you to disable that version of yum you have installed.

For the moment.