[Yum] yum update error

Joe Cooper joe at swelltech.com
Sat Apr 19 19:15:10 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:
>>Hi Seth and all,
>>
>>I ran into this problem this morning on Red Hat 8.0 running yum 1.0,
>>when trying to upgrade to Red Hat 9.  It took me a while to figure out
>>that the patch to fix this on 1.95 (from the fedora RPM) isn't the same
>>patch that is needed to fix the same errors in yum 1.0, though the
>>fedora nevralarch-dumb patch very nearly drops right into 1.0 (ok, you
>>have to patch it manually, but it's obvious where it would go).  Anyway,
>>I diff'ed the nevral.py from the 3/21 daily against 1.0 for the attached
>>patch.  Seems to have worked (an upgrade is now in progress...I hope it
>>isn't blowing up my desktop machine as we speak).
>>
>>Seth, do you reckon  this patch covers everything that needs fixing in
>>1.0 to address this error without breaking other stuff?
>

> It's close - I've already patched it in cvs and I need to make a 1.0.1
> release VERY soon anyway. I've been so busy with everything else I have
> to do I've not had time to look at it for very long.

Thanks for the quick reply, Seth.  I'm not complaining (much), just
thought I'd mention how I 'fixed' the problem here, in case anyone else
runs into it.  I'll know if my upgrade worked in another twenty minutes,
or so, I reckon.
--
Joe Cooper <joe at swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.