[Yum] Exception thrown when server not found

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Apr 18 23:25:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 19:52, Michael Stenner wrote:

> > This is when no http connection can be made to the server, or a
> > network connection isn't available.  I was using the 1.96 RPM.

This reminds me of a situation when one of the servers I have in my
yum.conf is temporarily not accessble (max nr. of FTP connections or
other woes).  IIRC yum refused to do any further work when it enountered
such a server, whereas I would have appreciated if it'd just tell me
about it and continue with the other repositories because the package I
wanted to install was in a repo that was working perfectly...

This was some time ago and I haven't checked whether the current yum
versions handle it "better".  I like the way apt handles this, which is
essentially what's outlined above.  Of course, some repos could be
marked "essential" or something in yum.conf, meaning that it's always a
no go if one of these servers isn't available.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi