[Yum] Exception thrown when server not found

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Thu Apr 17 22:05:23 UTC 2003

>How do I change a file to a host?  (existent or not) Do you mean
>change the server url in the conf file so that it points to a server
>that doesn't exist?  I tried that.  I get a different error ("IOError,
>name or service not known" which makes quite a bit of sense) from what
>you get.
>
>					-Michael

You did what I meant sorry for not being clearer.  At debug=2 the old
behavior when you changed the hostname in yum.conf to something that was
unresolvable, something that was resolvable, but didn't exist, or when
the network link was down appeared to be the same.  You got the same
CannotSendRequest exception in urlgrabber.py.  That the value of that
exception is different is symantic, and not visible at the default debug
level.

Thanks for your quick action in producing a fix for this.

Any idea on the -C bug?

Joseph