[Yum] Problem installing multiple rpms

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Apr 13 21:52:51 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 13:42, R P Herrold wrote:
> > cool things in order of priority to me:
>
> > - make yum be able to install into a buildroot
>
> yum presently will manipulate package files within a chroot
> installation just fine.   It just has the pre=requisite of a
> RPM-capable chroot existing.  This fragment addresses this:

So this is terribly cool.

What I was thinking of would be something like:

yum buildroot /path/to/dir/for/buildroot [group]install foo bar baz

What I was thinking was yum would use the normal repos in the
/etc/yum.conf but init and open the rpm db in /path/to/dir/for/buildroot
for the local rpmnevral.

Then if you did a groupinstall Core Base it would install a nice system.

And, of course, I could specify turning off scripts to the rpm
transaction (that's easy)

Maybe I'll see if I can do just what this script does in python for
later integration (or outergration :) with yum

Gist of the steps:
verify dir is good/ready/not already used
initdb in dir
open transaction - turn off scripts?
install core stuff first, script free
exit

That about right?

What are the clean ups you were talking about?