[Yum] Problem installing multiple rpms

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Apr 13 17:42:24 UTC 2003

> cool things in order of priority to me:

> - make yum be able to install into a buildroot

yum presently will manipulate package files within a chroot
installation just fine.   It just has the pre=requisite of a
RPM-capable chroot existing.  This fragment addresses this:

#	Make a clean chroot which is RPM capable
#
sudo mkdir -p $DESTIN/archive/
sudo rpm --initdb --root $DESTIN
#-- copy these packages into the $DESTIN/archive/
#	directory - setup rpm termcap shadow-utils
MINIMA="setup rpm termcap shadow-utils"
for i in $MINIMA ; do
	cp $SOURCE/$i-[1-8]*rpm  $DESTIN/archive/
done
sudo rpm -U --root $DESTIN --nodeps \
	--nopre --nopost $DESTIN/archive/*rpm
#-- copy the rest of the desired packages into the
#	 $DESTIN/archive/ area
sudo rpm -U $HASH $VERBOSE --root $DESTIN --nopre \
	--nopost --force $DESTIN/archive/*rpm
#-- and do it again now that the tools are there, with
#	the post and pre scripts
sudo rpm -U  --root $DESTIN --nodeps --force \
	$DESTIN/archive/*rpm
#
#	-- there is some post fixup on userid -- escpecially
#	the rpm.rpm one

At this point, we have a clean, RPM-able chroot.  Yum runs
fine in it.

Pre-announcement:
   rpmbuild-chroot at colug.net