[Yum] how can create repositories

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:16:30 UTC 2003

> that would be a funny thing;-)
> may be header.info should contains full url in this case...

what does the full url mean?
the baseurl could be relative - think about if someone is proxying or
tunnelling it. What about file:// urls.

the reason header.info contains the relative path is b/c that's the only
location we can count on being around - a path directly adjacent to the
headers dir.

> in the conf file:
> --------------------------------
> [base]
> name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=file:///<base>/mirror/redhat/$releasever/
>
> and run
> yum-arch <base>/mirror/redhat/8.0/ <base>/yum-repository/redhat/8.0/

I'm not sure that's _less_ of a hack than a symlink.
At the moment I'm not sure of a clean way of making sure the headers are
nearby the pkgs and yet still allow for pointing to mirrors easily.

> in this case if I decided to mirror another site (eg rh contrib net
> reborn) I just have to add on line to my mirror script and one line to
> my yum repository generator (and I don't have to create a huge link forest).

it's ONE link - how is that a link forest?