[Yum] Problem installing multiple rpms

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Apr 10 15:12:27 UTC 2003

On 10 Apr 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> It's expected behavior.
>
> yum update acts similarly - if you invoke it with
>
> yum update pkg1 pkg2 pkg3
> and pkg1 is fully updated then it will exit, too.
>
> How would you expect it to work?

If pkg 1 were fully updated I would _like_ it to check pkg2 and pkg3
and update them if required. Is their some technical reason for not doing
it this way?? Since I run a local repository for stuff I push to the
machines I do not normally do installs/updates that way but since you

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....