[Yum] Slightly more verbose logging from the nightly run?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Apr 9 05:50:51 UTC 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 jamesc at duke.edu wrote:

> During the nightly cron job, I don't have any clue whether or not
> anything happened.  In the case where some headers were downloaded or

smile -- a well behaved unix application, running without
incident, expecially in cron, runs silently to std out.

It may append do a log file; it will carp to std error on
problems ...

but yum presently is doing what it should.

It is easy enough to tail the last few lines off a logrine in
another cron process after yum to ne reminded to look for more
details.

My $0.02

-- Russ Herrold