[Yum] Out of disk space traceback

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Tue Sep 10 15:45:40 UTC 2002

Howdy,
As we get more and more users on a wider variety of machine's, we're able to
flush out more tracebacks.

The following traceback ended up comming because the disk was full (it's an
old machine) but since the traceback actually came while checking to see if
the disk was full, it's a little problematic.  A message that said the disk
was full would be nicer than a traceback.

Here's the traceback.  This is from 0.9.2, without any modifications.

# yum update
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Fermi Linux 711 main
Getting headers from: Fermi Linux 711 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[update: glibc-common.i386]
[update: nscd.i386]
[update: glibc.i386]
[update: glibc-devel.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Getting glibc-common-2.2.4-29.i386.rpm
Getting nscd-2.2.4-29.i386.rpm
Getting glibc-2.2.4-29.i386.rpm
Getting glibc-devel-2.2.4-29.i386.rpm
Calculating available disk space - this could take a bit
iTraceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/sbin/yum", line 24, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "yummain.py", line 224, in main
   File "clientStuff.py", line 700, in create_final_ts
TypeError: not all arguments converted

Thanks
Troy