[Yum] traceback encountered

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Sep 6 18:46:25 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 14:07, Erik Williamson wrote:
> Hi Seth et al,
>
> Along the same lines - not urgent at all though - but when I place a
> package in the repository with improper permissions (ie, 0600) such that
> the webserver can't read it,  yum-arch works - but a 'yum install' on
> the client machine barfs and dies - I was thinking that if there was a
> way for yum to pass over the package if possible & report the problem,
> that would be sweet.

hmm - this is not terribly trivial - if you've got a header that is
readable but a package that is not readable yum knows it needs whatever
this header's package. If I were then to check for the package status
and recalculate dependencies based on what I just found out about the
package's status I'd be in an even longer loop for dep calculation.

HOWEVER, I might be able to grab it from the other end - Ie: if the file
on the server isn't at least 444 yum-arch could issue a warning about
it.

It wouldn't stop a problem but it might give you a heads up.

> As an aside, we're about to roll out RedHat 7.3 here using Yum on over
> 100 Machines! Yum kicks butt - Thanks so much Seth.

Great to hear. We've got it running on quite a number of machines in
physics and around duke and I've been fairly happy with how its
functioning.