[Yum] traceback encountered

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Sep 6 18:44:11 UTC 2002

On 6 Sep 2002, seth vidal wrote:

> of course it does. exception handling is easy - but you have to grab the
> exception first - I hadn't encountered it much/at all - I'd still like
> to more gracefully handle a broken header.

What you need is to put salt on the tail of a broken header or two; then
you could play with it until you could handle at least them.

Alas I through my broken headers away (and I'd guess Troy did too).  I
therefore have no idea why they were broken in the first place or where
they were broken.  Next time I get an error like this, though, I'll try
to send you the contents of the header directory to debug with.

I'd debug it myself, except that (as previously noted) I will learn
python only if somebody ties me to a table and threatens me with hot
irons.  Too many programming languages...

Historically this (hot irons) happens every year or two (seems like) so
I'll probably be programming in it regularly by mid-2003...;-)

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu