[Yum] Correction and minor barf...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jun 18 22:13:32 UTC 2002

After talking with Seth I realized that yum was in fact NOT
re-downloading all the rpm's in the nfs mounted
/var/cache/yum/server/packages directory -- it was re-downloading a FEW
of the rpm's where the architecture had "changed".  lucifer (the first
host) is an Athlon; archangel is a dual celeron.

Once I fixed the mkinitrd/kernel dependency, the host updated 7.1->7.2
EXCEPT for a barf at the end when it tried to install/fix lilo:

Kernel Updated/Installed, fixing the bootloader
Lilo found - adding kernel to lilo and making it the default
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/sbin/yum", line 24, in ?
    yummain.main()
  File "yummain.py", line 325, in main
  File "pkgaction.py", line 203, in kernelupdate
  File "up2datetheft.py", line 8, in install_lilo
  File "lilocfg.py", line 371, in installNewImages
lilocfg.LiloConfError: Error installing lilo.conf  The message was:
test install of lilo failed
1380.390user 414.670sys 51.1%, 0ib 0ob 0tx 0da 0to 0swp 58:30.30

    rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu