[Yum] yum 0.8.6 testing

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Thu Jun 13 19:06:09 UTC 2002

Here's to the fastest coder at Duke :)

Anyway, I finolly tested the debug levels.  I think it's almost right, and my
suggestions here are totally up for debate.  (Because at the moment, the cron
jobs do what I want)

When you do an install or update, and something get's installed or updated,
then it works correctly, both the d 0, and the d 1 levels.  It also works
correctly if you are doing an update, but don't give it any name.

But, when you do an install or update, giving it a package name, then it gives
back a reply for both -d 0 and -d 1 levels.  In my opinion, the -d 0 debug
level shouldn't give back any reply for this, because this isn't really a
fatal error.

# yum -d 0 -y install nedit
# yum -d 0 -y install nedit
nedit is installed and is the latest version.
# rpm -e nedit
# yum -d 1 -y install nedit
Installed:  nedit-i386
# yum -d 1 -y install nedit
nedit is installed and is the latest version.
#
# yum -d 1 update
# yum -d 1 update nedit
nedit is installed and the latest version.
# yum -d 0 update
# yum -d 0 update nedit
nedit is installed and the latest version.
#

Troy