[Yum] Re: Yum and kernel upgrades?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Dec 23 14:36:31 UTC 2002

On 22 Dec 2002, seth vidal wrote:

> so, more to the point of this list - did yum work as you expected it?

So far yes. It seems to be working great. I only have it on 1 machine at
this point but right now I plan to deploy it further.

Another quick question can yum be made not to download the rpms if the
repository is on the local machine? I have not had time to experiment
and I have not seen anything in the docs on this.

I do not see the point of copying the rpm if it is already on the machine.

Thanks for the help and the excellent program.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....