[Yum] Yum and kernel upgrades?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Dec 20 16:41:28 UTC 2002

Hi all,
I am just looking into yum and was wondering if yum knows to treat kernel
upgrades differently from other upgrades. IOW Does it rm the old kernel
or just install the new one along side the old. Since I could not find
anything in the docs wrt this I suspect it will rm the old kernel but I
am not sure.

Also I downloaded the srpm last night and when I try to unpack it rpm
segfaults. I tried it on 2 different 8.0 machines and an rpm -K says
the rpm is ok. Any ideas on this?? I finally got the tarball built and
installed yum and all seems ok so far. I have not yet tried to actually
update anything yet though.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....