[Yum] yum install new ?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Aug 19 22:09:30 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 17:58, Erik Williamson wrote:
> Hi Seth/All,
>
> the addition of 'yum list new' has caught my interest - is there any
> plan to implement an option where I can install any packages in a
> repository that aren't currently installed on the local machine?  I'm
> lazy - this information can be gleaned out of the output from 'list
> new', but I don't trust myself.

well, sorta.

if you're a masochist you could do yum install \*

(the \ is used so your shell doesn't expand it first)

that would kinda be nuts.

but it should work.

it would match any available program and install it.

if they don't conflict it _should_ work - though in a stock rhl7.3 stuff
conflicts :)