[Yum] fermi's yum spec file

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Fri Aug 16 14:08:18 UTC 2002

Howdy Hi,
Again, this is not say we want or need these changes in the product, this is
just what we have done.  This is our spec file for 0.9.1, though it is using
the August 3 daily release, with our fix for 'list new' in it.

Some of the minor and major changes

1) We have divided it into two rpms, yum and yum-conf.  We have made them both
be dependant on each other, but not on the version number of either.  I have
to say I hate circular dependancies, but this way we will be able to change
the binaries (yum) without affecting a users configuration, and vice versa.

2) We have a dynamic yum.conf file.  It is dynamic at rpm install, not a
constantly changing file.  This way we are able to use the same rpms for both
our 7.1.1, 73rolling, and when it's released our 7.3.1 release.  (I have also
attached the template file)  We also made a minor tweek in the Makefile.

3) Instead of doing a condrestart we just do a restart.  This is because we
want this on by default.  We will be using this to push out our security
updates, and we don't want someone skipped because they didn't turn it on.

Troy
Troy Dawson  dawson at fnal.gov  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/OSS  CSI Group