"[UG]" Urlgrabber errors

stm stm6386 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:04:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm new to python and I'm hoping that this is the right place to ask a few
questions regarding urlgrabber ??

Using urlgrabber on something like 'http://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/'
or 'http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/' works perfectly !!

But if I try something like' https://www.google.co.uk/' I get pycurl.error:
(43, 'CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer supports 1 as value!').

Now I did find a proposed fix for this and if I use the fix I get
'urlgrabber.grabber.URLGrabError: [Errno 14] Peer cert cannot be verified or
peer cert invalid' and none of my Google searches I have run have given me
much help.

So I'm unsure if it's a worthwhile patching or not maybe you could advise.

I have a few other questions that I'd like to ask about the functionality of
urlgrabber, there are a few things I don't really understand but one step at
a time maybe.

Cheers

Stevo