downloading packages without installing

K Richard Pixley rpixley at graphitesystems.com
Wed May 13 20:21:28 UTC 2015

When I do that I get permanent 404 - not found errors on the redhat
repositories.

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rhel-7-server-debug-rpms: [Errno 256]
No more mirrors to try.
https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/7/$releasever/x86_64/debug/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

Pasting that address up to the $releasever into my web browser gets me
an invalid certificate warning.  Allowing the invalid certificate gets
me an "access denied".

--rich