Strange behaviour for conflic file

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:44:45 UTC 2014

During the yum installation, either /usr/local/hce_graphics/menu/hce.menu
or /usr/local/hce_g1/menu/hce.menu will be copied to
/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/hce.menu depending on whether the
/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/hce.menu exists or not.

I don't know how the yum or rpm checks duplication status, I'll imagine
that yum or rpm check the file content, access mode and ownership of the
file, if it is the same, yum or rpm won't copy to it, otherwise, yum or rpm
will generate an error of conflict. I've checked the files hce.menu in both
packages are identical, the yum installation shouldn't have conflict error,
but it did. Unless there are any other status that yum / rpm checks?

Thank you.

-j