need way to distinguish fedora product/flavor in mirror logs

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 05:45:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 16:40 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 04:34:19PM -0500, James Antill wrote:
> >  I guess you mean which is better/easier? I'd guess that adding
> > something like:
> >  &osproduct=$osproduct
> > ...with the different release rpm's putting a different file
> > in /etc/yum/vars/osproduct would be.
>
> That seems pretty easy. I *think* mirrormanager just ignores the extra
> variables in the request, right? (Looks like it from a quick test.)

 Yeh, that's my understanding and we'd small scale tested at one point
(years ago) for the uuid stuff (Adding &uuid=$uuid to track individual
machines).

> However, right now, all of the product rpms are subpackages, and so we
> can't have different files with the same name.

 :(

>  Have to either fill that
> file in %post or make a symlink (ew either way, and also, fragile), or
> else rethink the subpackage aspect.

 I guess alternatives would be the easy workaround here, or having them
be real packages (or getting some kind of fix for rpmbuild so they can
have the same filename with different data ... ha).