my take on the protected packages problem

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 07:51:40 UTC 2014

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:33:11 +0200
Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> wrote:
 but that's the direction the "but foo didn't protect
> me!" thinking leads...

Why is not for pets written on Clothes Dryers,
real life analogy. "The I wasn't told"

Personally I would never use "dnf\yum erase kernel -y"
But I try to think  outside the box for those sysadmins
stepping into a role, inheriting a shedload of scripts amongst
which is somewhere "yum erase kernel* -y".

All scripts have not been checked Admin person is new,
old Admin person is out of touch

New Admin has idea,
to simplify things lets:
cat "alias dnf yum" > /etc/profile.d/my_script # fill in the blanks

Who get fan of crap, the new Admin, the old Admin,
or the OS?
## Just a random thought.

___
Regards,