History infomation

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 14:25:40 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 09:04 +0200, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there any reason while the yum history infomation is not available when
> > running as not root, all other information is available
>
>  It all depends on the permissions on /var/lib/yum/history, it wasn't
> that way by default but then:
>

> commit adf5ce0d5d8f0066515ca85494f8b217500d7ad2
> Author: Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>
> Date:   Wed Dec 9 13:15:08 2009 -0500
>
>     make sure history dbs are readable only by root - suggested by Josh
> Bressers
>
> ...my guess is that it was to do with the scriptlet output? Josh do you
> know / can you remember?

I looked through my mail from that time, nothing was there (sadly I lack
IRC logs).

I honestly have no idea why we would have done this. It seems like a silly
change. I'll try to remember why this was done, but I don't see why it can
be undone if you so desire.

Thanks.

--
Josh Bressers / Red Hat Product Security Team