[Yum-devel] RFC: yum-builddep patch to use specfiles instead of srpm buildrequires for depresolution

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed May 15 08:33:08 UTC 2013

On 05/07/2013 10:20 AM, Florian Festi wrote:
> On 05/06/2013 06:32 PM, James Antill wrote:
>>   Yeh, can maybe even make Florian "fix" it too then :).
>
> Well, the upcoming change will include an API for accessing the package
> content. Python bindings are not done yet. But the first version C API
> can already be found in the "Large file support" thread on Rpm-maint.
> See the new rpm2archive.c tool found in the last patch for an example
> use case.

Cool, i'll take a look at that. I suppose we could then add a general
python interface already to the rpmUtils to extract files based on that
API so we can then internally either use the API for newer rpm versions
or fall back to the temporary CPIO extraction method.

I'm a bit swamped with management shizzle right now, so i probably won't
get to anything more concrete until next week or so.

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Manager Core Services        | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111