[Yum-devel] Yum API Question

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 21:57:32 UTC 2013

On 01/21/2013 03:49 PM, James Antill wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 12:14 -0500, Keith Robertson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to write some code which uses the Yum API to download
>> some packages based on an example in[1].  I have written a very simple
<snip>
>   Eating all exceptions is generally a bad idea, but it depends on your
> requirements.
ACK, I just want yum to be quiet.

>> 2) Is there some initialization function I am neglecting to call or is
>> there a debug option I can use to squelch all output from yum (see
>> stacktrace in [3])?
>   Two things:
>
> 1. You need to loop on yb.repos.listEnabled() and set that
> repos. .gpgcheck = False ... by the time yb.conf is setup all the repos.
> are loaded and so changing yb.conf.gpgcheck doesn't do much (when
> packages are downloaded they just look at pkg.repo.gpgcheck to see if
> they should check).
>   As a hack (which the cli uses) you could also just set
> yb._override_sigchecks=True.
I just found this and it works great.  Thanks.

> 2. If you are just downloading call downloadPkgs() instead of
> processTransaction().

I couldn't seem to get that working.  I'm also noticing some oddball
errors caused by the 'atexit' handlers.  Any thoughts on these [1]?

[1]
Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sqlite'"
in <bound method YumBase.__del__ of <yum.YumBase object at 0x29d3d10>>
ignored
Exception AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sqlite'"
in <bound method RepoStorage.__del__ of <yum.repos.RepoStorage instance
at 0x2941f80>> ignored