[RFC] snapper interface for fs-snapshot plugin

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer m+yum at thi.eu.com
Wed Dec 4 18:01:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 12:51:18PM -0500, James Antill wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 13:41 +0100, Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer wrote:
>  There is snapshot support in yum now, although it uses only the LVM
> APIs currently. Adding support for snapper is desired there and probably
> within the plugin too.

It also supports BTRFS but in a limited way (it just creates snapshots
using the command line).

>  I'll wait for the authors of the plugin to comment before doing
> anything, but from a looks only POV if you could change the patch so
> that it doesn't have the else clause then it'll be less indented (more
> readable) and all the old lines will be unchanged ("git blame" will
> still work, etc.). Also can you use snapper for the LVM bits? If not
> it's probably better to make that obvious in some way (Eg. not a generic
> "use_snapper" top level config.).

Yes, snapper may be used for the LVM side as well. I'll follow your
suggestions and will rework the patch. That said, it'd require a new
dependency on snapper for yum-plugin-fs-snapshot.

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer                               m+yum at thi.eu.com
            The sun itself sees not till heaven clears.
	             -- William Shakespeare --