[Yum-devel] curl options for yum...

Rhea, Cristopher J. crhea at mayo.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:14:50 UTC 2013

I'm the one who started the mess about yum and curl.  Yes, my ftp server is out-of-date (and will be updated at some point, but the server has other functions that require more delicate scheduling). The key point for me was that yum has worked against this server for years. At some point in RedHat 6.X, the curl/urlgrabber libraries changed so that yum no longer works. Not interested in changing to HTTP/NFS/... methods, as they bring different baggage with security review/firewalls/currently deployed systems/etc.

I'd love a method to be able to specify in yum.conf to not use EPSV, in order to fix this situation.

--- Cris

crhea at mayo.edu / (507) 284-0587